Wednesday, May 21, 2014

111-172 Small Folded Books for an Installation



Book 111-172


These beautiful 61 little books, 3 inches by 4 inches in fact, are sweet little ones, getting ready to collaborate to create an installation for an exhibit at River Bridge Arts & Wellness in Ipswich, MA (http://www.riverbridgeartsandwellness.com/) this Sunday 5/25 from 2-4pm , yes I am certain they will all work together well despite imagery which includes Minotaurs and such. These 6 page books are folded out of one piece of paper and evoke narratives with mystery, intrigue and lushness. They came all in a magazine that arrived for my husband, a French fashion magazine titled, "Hermes". I couldn't resist, I ripped out each page, finely trimmed the torn edges and folded and folded, catching up on my acrobatic tight rope of a schedule. Will post images of the installation soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment