Monday, May 19, 2014

108 The Sketchbook Project: Love, Interconnection, Mapping










Book 108

Below is what I wrote when I submitted the sketch book to The Sketchbook Project, to see more images go to: http://www.sketchbookproject.com/library/14784

I grew up the first grandchild in a large family of adults, I spent A LOT of time outside playing in the woods, making bark stew and conjuring up imaginary friends. Imagination and art has always been a respite, a reprieve, and a sacred space for me. Now as an adult, mother and art therapist, art is a way to maintain wellness, carve out precious alone time and creatively connect with others.

I recently heard a song by MC Yogi, and the lyrics were about giving love- to others- to the earth and to yourself...that's the inspiration for this book. How can we take the love we've been given, a little or a lot, and circle it around and then allow it to return back to us? That's what I'm truly interested in, as a mother, an art therapist and as a teacher...and just for me being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment