Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Book 18, 19, 20 and 21



Book 18

 
Book 18: 4.5x10, 80 pages, longstitch, button clasp with wool wrap
Paper: 50 lb blank, 80 lb blank, drawings from artist’s sketchbook, original art by artist, mandala and biology/cells coloring pages, papers from x-ray folders
Book 18 is the longest book I’ve made so far and with 80 pages, the longstitch and copper button I feel it’s the most substantial and professional. I would feel good about giving Book 18 as a gift to any number of friends. Hmm I certainly have thought about keeping it for myself, Book 18 politely stated it would not like to stay with me, and prefers to go to someone who is actively sketching or writing imaginative short stories….I wasn’t aware of this…….so if you are writing short imaginative stories, or sketching here and there, Book 18 would like to join you…and hence leave here…..
Book 18 is a $55 book.
Donate and choose Book 18 at:  http://www.gofundme.com/4lawj8

 

 
Book 19

Book 19: approx. 5x30, accordion style, wool wrap with turquoise suede tie
Book 19 is about texture and subtle color and engages spontaneity and inspires unexpected narratives. I think Book 19 would also display beautifully and with curiosity as a piece of Book Art on any wall in the home.
Book 19 is a $25 book.
Donate and choose Book 19 at:  http://www.gofundme.com/4lawj8
 


Book 20

Book 20: approx. 6x5, 28 pages, pamphlet stitch, waxed linen, hand blown glass beads by Roessler in Gloucester, red wool wrap sleeve hand stiched
Paper: 50 lb blank, 80 lb blank, drawings from artist’s sketchbook, decorative, papers from x-ray folders
Book 20 is casual, and does have a little “Day of the Dead” feel to it, the colors and some imagery points to this. I also noticed some pages from my sketchbook that were spontaneously included are from a directive to combine imagery of a duck and a bicycle…..interesting….The cover is made from a tea box, so we have tea, ducks, bicycles, day of the dead, special glass beads and a warm red wool wrap, wish I could throw in a kaleidoscope for even more fun… perhaps I’ll try, Book 20 does mark the project as established (for 20 days at least).
Book 20 is a $25 book, (with kaleidoscope priceless)
Donate and choose Book 20 at:  http://www.gofundme.com/4lawj8

 

 


Book 21

Book 21: approx. 4.5x5, 40 pages, longstitch with waxed linen, woven, felt and cotton wrap with special button
Paper: 50 lb blank, 80 lb blank, drawings from artist’s sketchbook, decorative, vintage maps, graph, lined school, mandala coloring, magazine, illustrated fetus
Book 21 was assembled without constraint and with much care. The papers were cut and combined without much thought; the care came about with the stitching and cover. On the outside Book 21 is very lush. On the inside Book 21 is a bit complicated. “Who would Book 21 be for?” I asked myself. Tough. “When would I have liked to have received Book 21?” I rethought the question. I would have felt ever so grateful to have received Book 21 when I was contemplating the idea of becoming a mother and the whole world of pregnancy. Yes, the person having those thoughts should be lovingly gifted Book 21.
Book 21 is a $55 book.
Donate and choose Book 21 at:  http://www.gofundme.com/4lawj8
 



No comments:

Post a Comment