Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Beginning the project



 
Welcome to 365 Handmade Books: A Book A Day. This blog will document my process as I create a handmade book each day from October 1, 2013 to October 1, 2014.  I completed my doctorate in art therapy May 2013, and now want to balance my academic work with my more sensual, kinesthetic and meaningful visual art. I look forward to photographing each book each day and including a description of the materials and my process. Each book will have a life of it's own, a story to tell. My intention is to create interactive books that will include blank pages along with pages for inspiration and interest. These books may be considered art journals, sketchbooks, or visual diaries. I have been collecting materials for over 10 years (a few sample photos above), such as a wide variety of paper, recycled objects, fabric and fiber. These materials will be chosen with care and with spontaneity. I  hope these books will be appealing to the senses, objects to be held, flipped through, drawn in, written in and displayed. Each book will be numbered, signed and weighed. This blog also serves as a forum for my gofundme project in which funders  may choose from the books they see here. The first book is coming today- stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment