Sunday, February 2, 2014

Three Mice, the nice bookish type


 
 
 

Books 62, 63 & 64
 
Book 62, 63 & 64: closed they are nearly 2x2, opened they are 2 H x 7L, sturdy paper, felt nubs, graphite and waxed thread.

I knew I wanted to make little books, so I began with this strong yellowish card stock and began doodling, gluing fuzzy nubs and punching holes, letting the materials guide me. After folding them, wrapping them in brown waxed thread and taking a good look, then seeing a little twitch…I’m certain they have turned into mice. Nice mice, the bookish type. With fuzzy nubs, whisker threads, and paper resembling Swiss cheese….well….I wish I had a friend named Alice who followed instructions about what to eat and drink, certainly these three mice would fit nicely in her world. Maybe they would find a place in your world too, perhaps on a mantle, or sneaking around in cupboards.

If you like these little critters, I’m happy to offer ways you can display them in your home.

Go to: : http://www.gofundme.com/4lawj8,    Donate and then send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment